Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Perfect Rainbow

I realized I have been really negative lately on my blog. Yes, things have been quite overwhelming--so much to be done and so little time. But that´s life isn´t it? I struggle like all moms to get the kid ready for school, get myself ready for work, clean house, wash clothes, do homework, cook dinner, and have a moment to play or read with him. I struggle to get to prayer times and to have a moment to myself to contemplate the love of my Lord. I never find time to do art or little things my soul desires, yet I am utterly happy. I think about that coming day far too often, only because I want everything to be perfect. I want to show my friends how thankful I am for them. I want to cuddle and play with my kids, always thinking of three months from now when that won´t be possible anymore. I think about what surprises are coming my way and what man I am going to fall in love with (what girl doesn´t). I think about my future job and what I want in a job and life and museums and pretty clothes and shoes and the metro. I stress and complain, but I dont know why because I am happy. Happy may not be the best word. Peaceful, knowing, sure. 

I´ve noticed that I´ve stopped taking pictures. I don´t know why. I guess life is quite ordinary right now. Painting, decorating, teaching art, mothering Daniel. I must try to remember that these days won´t last forever. That I should really keep track of those tiny things. Anyway, it´s a weekend of rest. My lasts with each of my Brazilian mothers. A special time. Trying to soak it in. And work on my resume! 

Pray for me. I pray for you. I´m sure these last months will bare the most fruits!
Love, E
 a bridal shower for a friend´s daughter. stove cake
 did you see my new haircut?
 me and pati
 tiny details
 homemade stilts made by the kids

 they are so funny
 so the other day i was washing dandan's clothes. he said erica, come look! i walked out. there was a rainbow with a navy blue backdrop and green glistening trees. already a beautiful sight. and then. a dove flew from the left of the rainbow to the right. the white body swiftly moving across the empty sky. my jaw dropped
 it was a beautiful moment for dandan, anita who was sitting in the hammock as usual, and me
 here´s our orange house!! painted by yours truly. please dont ask me to do that again!
 rafa and dandan


 we still need a second coat
 and to decide what color we want the windows
 some paintings by daniel that i put into my new SINGLE room

No comments:

Post a Comment