Sunday, June 12, 2011

Champagne and a Miracle

Alelulia the Lord has risen and Im on a day of rest. A weekend of rest! I wasnt as much tired this time as I was excited to see my friends that I stay with. Last night I thought I was going to a birthday party. An hour before we left she told me each person had to share something about love--a song or poem, etc. The woman whose birthday it was, Pati, asked me to share about my mission because its a different kind of love.


We arrive to her house and I was served champagne with a strawberry in the glass by the waiter. We sit in a big circle and they tell me this is the first meeting of 20 women that they hope to have regularly. A place to share about life, to build friendship, and to join together to help others. I instantly knew this wasnt just any old meeting and that I was led here divinely. I sat amongst 20 beautiful, strong, Brazilian women. She asked me to go first since the love of my mission is a different kind of love (as today is valentines day). So I told about the Fazenda, about the other hearts homes, i told about the kids and the foundation of our mission---love and compassion. People were tearing up and everyone wanted to know more. I talked for 45 minutes and in the end I had 20 women who want to help with my school house. I sat in awe. Almost crying myself. How innocent I was going there. Little did I know it would be the answer to my months of prayers for funding of my school. I must add as well that they were alllll impressed with my portuguese. Yipee!


Pati shared with everyone how she met me at another birthday party a few months ago and how my story sparked something in her heart. How she realized her dream as a 20 year old that was never completed. How she gave up this dream to become a doctor and have a family and now that her kids are grown, she has time to give of herself to others. It was such an incredible encounter.


How blessed I am. How I sit in the hand of God and He guides me along as I travel along in oblivion.


DELICIOUS food



beautiful women





Bea with her egg man that we made for O week (ovo, olhos, ouvidos... egg, eyes, ears)


Tete making arts and crafts one rainy sunday



me and Bea
drawing in the dirt
the school pre-paint



No comments:

Post a Comment