Thursday, June 9, 2011

Painting

This week I started painting the school. white and yellow stripes. it is hard work alone especially because i am a perfectionist. i was so happy removing the tape from teh first stripe, stepped back off the latter (ladder?) and put my foot right in the giant can of white paint. then i was finishing the last stripe on teh wall (i only did one of 6 walls in 4 hours....) and the ladder slipped off the wall and i went spalt on the ground. luckily nothing serious happened. just some whip lash and bruised legs and feet. and my heart racing a millino miles a minute. i was sure i was going to die. you knwo how these moments pass REALLY slowly in your head and you have so much time to think, but not enough time to do anything about it. and the good news is that i was thinking in portuguese.


My week with teh boys has been marvilous. I love being a 'mom' figure. EVERYONE loved the sound of music and so we sing a lot... although in english. i am going to work on translating the songs into portuguese and then we will do a performance. What other movies should I try to find in portuguese for them? Im thinking the Wizard of Oz is next....

Okay my time is up! yikes! 55 emails to read today. but i have TWO days of rest this weekend. friday night to saturday afternoon. so i will have more time on teh computer for more updates on more important things than my many many mishaps.

Love you all. a lot. im extra happy today because we have a lot of sun!!!!!
love e

No comments:

Post a Comment