Thursday, June 2, 2011

Oi !!!!!

I have to share my sadness with you as this morning I was trying to put my photos from my camera to my little driver and because I cant read french and was using a french computer, I erased ALL of my photos. I had a month and a half worth of photos. I almost threw up. Then I decided that i twas just photos and I will always have the memories--- I just wont be able to share the memories with you. In the end I laughed because maybe it is providence, my next day of rest I wont spend the whole time uploading 200 photos. Anyway, i twas my dumb act of the week.

I had a really wonderful weekend with my girls from the Passagem. Before last Thursday not one girl had received the invitation. It was a true miracle when 6 girls showed up. We cooked and made backpacks and watched a movie. We had adoration and spent time talking. They are so beautiful and were all dressed up. They asked if they could come for a week during their two week break so I am working out a 4 day stay here (a week is a bit much for me right now). But how delighted I was that they felt comfortable here. Slowly the trust is growing and I know one day our friendship will be very strong. They have this hope and vigor for life that I havent met with any other teens. On Sunday I am going to visit their families !

On Sunday I begin to watch Marcos and Daniel because Marie Ines and Renaud are going to France for two weeks for a wedding. Aldo and I will have our hands full asDaniel is a real mastermind. I know in the end I am going to be absolutely exhausted… pray for me.

I am going to wallow in my sadness of not being able to show you so many things of my life this past month. I hope you forgive me…

Send me an email if you cant manage to send a snail mail. I can print the letters and read them during the week then write you a snail mail back !

Sending my love
Erica
Ps tomorrow we are watching the sound of music in portugese. These poor people dont know that ill be singing the songs for weeks !!!

1 comment: