Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bea´s back!

So Bea got back a few hours ago from the hospital. 8 days! i tried to give her a hug and she ran from me. i think i´m going to have to start back at square 2 (not one because I dont think it will be AS bad as the beginning). She probably is scared because I cut bangs in my hair so Im looking a bit different.

SOOO yesterday i went to buy wood from the wood shop with some money my uncle sent me 4 months ago. It was going to cost me EIGHTY reais. So I said no thank you. I went to buy paint (dark gray) and was telling the man how incredibly expensive wood is. I told him what I wanted it for (little boxes to hold materials in teh school house) and he said, well I have a piece of wood you could have. He brought it out and it was EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED. the exact width because in the shop they didnt even have exactly what I wanted. I asked again if he meant for free because sometimes I don´t understand perfectly and he said yes. So I thought I would just cut it with a saw. But then I thought maybe I can ask the wood shop how much it would cost to cut it. They said they don´t cut outside wood. I explained what I was doing and how I was a girl who had never worked with wood (yes, I sort of pulled the Im an american girl just trying to help some children in the world card). The owner said I could cut it into 10 cm pieces and then I coudl cut more easily into the tiny pieces I wanted. I said great! Oh and for free!!!

So then the boys cutting the wood asked what I was doing with it and I told them. And they said well we could just cut that for you! All of it. FOR FREE. it was fantastic!! What a miracle.

Anyway I´ll be finishing these few things in the next few weeks with pictures to come.

Sunny/Ninella and I had our first day cooking lunch together today. We finished lunch in an hour adn decided, lets make a cake with custurd! well our custurd didnt work very well so we spent two and a half hours cooking for this cake. it was a bit of a fail. UNTIL at the last minute it worked sort of. we ended up just putting the sauce on teh top of the cake. and it was a hit. everyone LOVED it. and everyone wanted my recipe.

we´re gonna try to find powdered sugar! to make icing. icing they dont have here. so we´ll see!

sending my love as always.
erica

No comments:

Post a Comment