Thursday, July 7, 2011

Highs and Lows and inbetween

It´s been a while since I´ve written of life here. Days are passing so quickly. Please pray for me as I have asked to stay for 4 extra months (Which would make my time here 1 year and 1/2) I am awaiting their answer. Some days are harder than hard and I cry and some days are filled with so much happiness that my whole soul is filled with joy completely.

A few special moments:
When we were at the beach one night we were looking for the moon in the sky. We could see the stars, but no moon. Rafaela said very matter of factly "The moon is not here! It´s in the Fazenda!" She was absolutely sure it could not be in two places at once.

Tete is sitting at mass with me. She is amazing me (beyond her over activitiy) as she watches what the priest is doing. She asks me why things are this way and she participates singing and praying. And each time at intercessions she prays "Thank you for this day. Bless so and so and so and so."

And something that really amazed me. Rafaela was not happy with me because I told her she could not come into the school house yesterday. The day before she was very disrespectful of me. (told me to walk back to France.. I told her I didnt want to go to france and she said to walk back to my country). Anyway so she was not happy with me. But after mass last night, she came to me and said, "Erica, I´m sorry" and hugged me.

How many times are we too prideful to say sorry to someone. I think of all the times I was a little brat (maybe more than 1,000 times) and never said sorry to my parents. (Is it too late, now? Sorry mamãe and papai!). I´m going to try to be more like Rafa and be humble and admit when I do wrong.

Hour is up!! My aunt is coming on Saturday! And another American (from phoenix) is arriving next Thursday. I wont be on internet next week to pick her up at the airport! Pray for her last week at home and her arrival here!
I pray for all of you daily. Many times in my day. All of my day I lift up for you.


With love,
Erica

1 comment: