Thursday, March 22, 2012

The girl is a working mother. yikes!

So. I teach art 3 days a week. We have to go more than an hour each way. standing on the bus in the heat. The kids are wonderful and are stoked about everything because they don´t have art lessons. I am goign to have to plan my lessons but for now im just getting to know them.

I am adjusting to parenting life still. Getting home exhausted and then to have daniel. the french family leaves ina  few days so it hink its causing him to act out. the other day we chased him for 15 minutes around the fazenda--- him smiling in delight and us as mad as can be. i stuffed food in his mouth, stuck him in the shower (he was sweating profusely) and threw him in bed. then he threw all his books on top of us and just crying and crying. i had to call cristiano who is a volunteer for 7 years and took care of daniel for many many years. he came and saved the day. that night he threw another fit and was yelling he wanted to live on the streets where it is better for him. it all became silent. the sister left. and i prayed. finally i said, you know on the streets no one will love you. at least we love you here. he started balling and came and sat on my lap. we talked. he told me its just the way he is and that he cant change. i think he´s just full of emotions and needs some time. i dont stop thinking about him all day and how we can help him better.

My mission is so different than i expected it to be. I am finally seeing hte beauty in it all. that it is no less a mission than the missionaries who are in the neighborhood. It is the mission He wanted for me.

We are getting a new bathroom. It is GORGEOUS. However, it has ruined our house. there is no more storage space. We have the food in our bedroom, that is already limited in space. The floor is a wreck--20 year old concrete. 20 year old doors and windows that were poorly placed and daniel runs into all the time. Today Cristiano told me they could redo it all in 10 days and that it would cost roughly R$1500 which is like 800 dollars. I said to him how in the world would we get that? And he looked at me and said do what you do. So I come and humbly ask you to pray for us and to spread the word of our needs. I know Im leaving in 4 months but it would be nice to leave our house beautiful for hte next... and for daniel who will spend his life in this fazenda. I plan on decorating with whatever we have. TOmorrow I will paint daniel´s room and try to make it a place of his own. Email me at erica.c.tighe@gmail.com if you have any leads.

I pray for you always. Oh I keep forgetting to tell you. Remember Quelle? THe sick woman who stayed with us for two weeks? A month ago she finally passed away. It ended her battle. However, her daughter was put into an orphanage. The orphanages here are so rough. Please pray for her.

Love Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment