Thursday, June 7, 2012

what? 5 weeks left??

Okay, I wanted to write a blog post today, but the internet is going so slow that I am now irritated and I hate writing when I am irritated. The thing is, there are only 5 weeks until I will no longer have to use this stupid usb internet device. Praise the Lord. But then I think--5 weeks. Five weeks is nothing especially when I have SO much to do. I remember thinking holy macaral, I only have 4 months. And now I´m officially counting in weeks??? My heavens. 

Last weekend was my silent retreat. It was marvilous (how do you spell that?). Have you noticed how my english has slowly declined? I want to write about it when I have more time, although I don´t even know how to share the experience as it is such a personal time. But I can say that I came out renewed and in love with my God. It was the time of the final "yes." That final yes in saying I want to follow You. That I´m going to follow You. That I denounce my life to pick up my cross and follow You, my Savior. I embroidered cards on a comfy couch and studied the dignity and vocation of the woman. Would you be interested if I write a post about all I learned? I figure not many people read those encyclicals by our Popes--especially twice in 3 days. I learned a lot about who I am made to be as a woman. 

So today is Corpus Christi! We had a beautiful mass and procession around the Fazenda--the idea being that we are on this walk of life with Christ and that He follows us whereever we go. We invited a family from the neighborhood to pass the day with us. 16 people showed up--many for the first time. It was so wonderful. I felt so much love for them. A family so poor, yet so so so beautiful. They live in the middle of nowhere (literally. you have to walk on the train track and all of a sudden you arrive at a house). The kids are filled with joy. The mothers give us hugs like theyve known us our whole lives. THEY have such a dignity about them. We played with them in the school and did some projects that were sent over by Ella and her friends. And we all put on tatoos that my dad sent. 

This weekend i have my last girls retreat. I still have to plan it (is it already thursday!??). Then on Wednesday I am throwing ART DAY for the kids from Tete´s school here in the fazenda. That too I still need to plan. (40 people only?) Then the following week is Sao Joao which is a  huge huge holiday here. I am the decorator so we are busy creating little things here and there (think GIGANTIC CORN ON THE HUSK) Then the kids have their mid school year break. Then I´ve gotta plan this huge going away party I am throwing and of course make my last visits to all my friends. We are expecting about 140 people for my party. Normally they run about 60 to 70. All the while, I have my little love bug, Daniel, who is still giving us a run for our money. Yesterday I had to put soap in his mouth again (can you believe he doesn´t even wash it out afterward?) 

Okay. So. Life is hectic. And beautiful. And I´m starting to get sentimental about the time and am taking a lot of pictures again. There will be a day when I cherish them. 

I pray for all of you and thank you for all your prayers this past weekend. I really felt your love for me in that monastery. Know that I prayed many times each day for all of you. 

I send my love,
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment