Wednesday, February 16, 2011

When the Going gets tough

What a busy few days it has been. During my time at the escritorio this weekend, I managed to break the computer. I have no idea how. I was simply writing my letter to my sponsors and then it went black. I spent the rest of my weekend feeling terrible about it. And of course I didnt save my letter. I had forgotten what it was like to be using a PC.

I am learning the slow life of Brazil. I tried to bring my efficiency from the United States here and it back fired. (Also did you know that we should not call ourselves Americans? They say that all the people here are Americans here and that I am a Estados Unidian or something. It is quite frustrating.) So I have decided to accept the slowness here and really embrace it. I am going to allow myself time to learn the language and the people and when I feel like I need to sit in the hammock I am going to.

Sorry for the short post. Today I spent the time talking to my family because life has been a bit more difficult. I think the Honeymoon phase is wearing off in the fourth week. I want to talk to people and not always have to think so hard. I want to fit in and have friends here. But these things take time. So I ask for many prayers this week for my life here. And I continue to pray for you.

Com muito amor,
èrica

3 comments:

  1. Everything will come as you know. Good to embrace the slowness.... Hang in there and take breaks with language. Y
    ou will be dreamng in it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica! We love you, I hope that things start gettin easier, just embrace it and before you know it you'll be completely settled! Good luck.

    Love,
    Rach, Xavier, Ethan, and Justin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica, I love your blog. I have not forgotten about your request for activities to do with the little ones. I will get it to you soon! I miss and love you so much! Peace and blessings sent to you <3

    ReplyDelete