Thursday, May 19, 2011

Amelia Bedilia part two

Where to begin. My time in desert was pure bliss. I laid in my bed in the tiny room reading all day. When I got tired I slept for thirty minutes and awoke to read more. The silence mended my heart alone and I regained my energy. I found the black hole that had formed in my chest (im fairly certain in the house of my soul) was hungry for God. I had mistaken the hunger for belly hunger and had been feeding it food. But in the end all it needed was time with its Creator. I returned refreshed and happy.

Busy life greeted me once again. Tuesday we worked on our road. It is in terrible condition and many people dont visit because its bad for cars. This week alone we had two of our 3 cars break due to the road. So we were digging holes to drain water when it rains. Now I am with a serious backpain from digging up dirt. What a pain!

Today brought a very funny and not so funny moment for me. I didnt wash my clothes for two weeks so today was the day. However, I have this one pair of capris that is navy blue that the dye leaves the cloth. I had already experienced this two times so I dont wear them often. But the other day my pants ripped while working on the road so I ran home (literally ran 15 minutes) to change pants. I grabbed them and totally forgot when I did my laundry. I threw everything in a bucket to soak with alcohol because they have a nasty smell due to the humidity and detergent. After cooking lunch for everyone, I returned to do some washing. Wellllll ALL MY CLOTHES ARE STAINED WITH BLUE. and imagine.. I didnt wash for two weeks, which means just about everything is in the laundry... BLUE. for the first few months i kept saying, well this will be my work clothes. now just about everything is my work clothes. the one pair of shorts that didnt turn blue, i got paint on during school with bea. ALl I can do is laugh at my ridiculous life.

On another note, I have lice for real this time. Today we picked it out. And the other day padre picked up a cup to drink some water and a tiny toad hopped out. How disgusting. It has been raining for days and is quite gloomy. I cant seem to find time to finish my estimate proposal for my school house so that is coming along slowly. I am going to have another Girls weekend in a week and I am very excited.

OH! I am loving all the school supplies you sent. And Anita, the woman with skitsophrenia in my house asked me for a pencil yesterday. She is a great artist, but always tells me her sickness blocks her from doing anything (she either sits in the church or in our hammock ALL day). She told me she wanted to test out drawing and see if her hand was strong engouh. Then today she asked me for crayons to be able to draw during adoration. It is such a privelege to give it to her and know how much love was sent with the items. You are all such a blessing!

love Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment