Thursday, September 22, 2011

First, I want to share with you pictures from our pilgrimage last week. You can see a lot of me towards the end as I carried the Virgen Maria. https://picasaweb.google.com/stef.lunel/Peregrinacao?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ3J4LK75pPMAQ&feat=email#

I think my sponsor letter didnt come out yet. But I talk about my friend Quelle who stayed with us for 3 weeks to get better. She was doing so much better and returned to her husband and 8 year old daughter. Then yesterday we got a call that she was dying. We rushed to the hospital. She was alone in the room with 6 other patients. By alone I mean that they all had someone staying with them and she had no one. When she saw us, she cried. She said how could we visit her?! Her entire body was filled with angst, this fear that reached out to me. This fear of death, of the unknown. She has an infection that has spread to her entire body and because seh is so fragile. Who knows.. she could make it. But also her heart is enlarging and not working very well. Please pray for her.

Oh meu Deus, I wanted to write about my visits in Passagem this week that were so wonderful, but I am running out of time and need to find an activity for this weekend for a retreat we´re having. I am going to do crafts with the kids while the parents listen. But I´m a bit behind and only 30 minutes left to do everything!

Tonight Im going to a talk in the city with Irma about society problems and fashion. It should be interesting. Unfortunately I am so embarrassed about my clothing selection, but maybe someone will have ´pity on me and offer me some cltohes from their collection! It helps when Im with a nun.

Praying for you in all this busyness. Love you
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment