Thursday, September 1, 2011

Todo, we´re not in kansas anymore

Okay, so I dont know if that´s how that saying goes. But I have OFFICIALLY realized I do not live in the US. I am get a fast track lesson on Brazilian health care... I´ve entered in this mess of a game. I am going to write about all of this in my next letter, so I won´t bore you twice. But we received in my house a new Brazilian woman, Quelle (kelly). She is 41 going on 71 and is now my love. I miss her when she´s not close. She got out of the hospital last week and cant go back to her house because the conditions are so terrible. She will be with us until sept 10 when they will hopefully be able to rent a new house. Her body (legs and arms) are the size of my wrist. She has a bad heart and only one lung. And she can´t hear. So the house has officially turned into a crazy house between me, Irma, Aldo, Quelle, Anita, and Tata. Anita is "not in peace" with a sick brazilian, Tata doesnt want to stay in the same room as her, and we are all yelling so that she can hear us. But it is so beautiful. Yesterday I spent hte day in the hospital. Running all over town to try to find this medicine and that medicine and talk with this person or that person. I am officially exhausted. WHOA. two officials in one blog.

There has been a real change in me this month. What was once so hard, became easy and so God gave me a new responsibility. I feel like I know the city, I know the ways (except for the government system here, which Im convinced noone knows about). I remember the days where I was in awe how people used the buses, knew where they were, who to call.

Today went to the doc with Tete and Daniel. My angel of a friend and doctor got us in for their examinations of their heads. We found some problems so now we have to go to another doctor. But remember the school wasnt going to pay for the exams for Tete? Well all for free! So there are many miracles even though Im having difficulty seeing it ALL behind my tired tired eyes.

Praying for you all. Happy 1 of September!
Love, Er

1 comment:

  1. My darling sweet daughter, I am in awe of you! So much responsibility and you don't break. I love you and miss you and soooo look forward to being with you in 2 months! Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete