Thursday, October 27, 2011

The girl gets sick.. AGAIN

Happy Thursday! I have spent a majority of my week fighting off the flu and strep throat. Yesterday I didn´t even step a foot out of the house. Because its been rainy and hot rainy and hot, I think my body got freaked out. Plus (not to complain or anything) I have two infected toes, and the sunburn left some nasty scars on my face that still hurt. I am falling apart. Vacation couldn´t arrive at a better time.

I had planned on finishing this tiny library before I left (funny how I said I WOULD finish it, without a doubt) and ended up so sick. I did sand (by hand) the entirity of the room and wash all of the walls. It is ready to paint, but the humidity is not making it the best conditions. So maybe this weekend I´ll at least paint the base coat over teh concrete. Then my parents can help me paint. :) How nice it is to say that!

Mateus, 14, has been with us for two weeks now. I had no idea it was going to be so hard to parent an adolescent. At first he was okay, listened to me. THen a week went buy and he nods yes and then does something completely different. Please pray for us and him especially. I think I got in over my head!!! Tomorrow another little boy, age 10, will arrive with us. He has 5 siblings who come from another father. The new husband of his mom doesn´t like the boy (because he is not his) and so the whole family sits on one mattress to watch tv and the boy is not allowed on the mattress! So we´ll see what other adventure this brings.

Quelle is still alive!!! Praise be to God and all the prayers. She is still in the hospital, but is getting stronger. And Pixinha and baby Bernardo are doing well too!!

I send my love. The next time I write, I´ll be in São Paulo wtih my family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment