Thursday, April 28, 2011

Erica Bedilia

Do you remember those children's chapter books Amelia Bedilia? I think I am her. The other day Irma Josette told me she would help me cook the chicken for dinner. But then she didnt have time so she explained to me how. Put the spices on the chicken and let it sit. Then before mass add a little bit of water and I thought she said put it on the stove. I double checked that she meant only a little bit of water and she said yes. So I did exactly that and thought it strange that I could leave a chicken for an hour on the stove without it being entirely submursed in water. And not only did I leave it, I left it on HIGH. So we returned to a VERY crisp chicken. I had misunderstood as she said put it in the oven (fogo and forno are very close words). The worst part was that I had invited someone to eat with us. We didnt end up eating until 9:30 as we had to quickly prepare something else. I really should learn to trust my own instinct when it comes to these things. Like the time Irma told me to soak my towel in bleach to remove the bad smell. I told her it would stain it white and she said no. So I trusted her. It stained it white.

I went to the doctor the other day and I have gained FIFTEEN POUNDS. I almost fell off the scale. No more bread for me!

Saturday Im going for a day of rest so I'll be uploading pictures and I think I will also be on skype!!! my skype name is ericatighe if you didnt know :)

love
ér (this nickname doesnt actually work in portuguese)

PS I had my first experience of paying to receive a package. 80 dollars. Im unsure why. probably because it was full of linens. i received three huge ones the day before without paying. the mystery of brazil!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment