Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Semana Santa

A very special time here in the Fazenda as we prepare for the death and resurrection of our Lord. We are preparing to have every bed here filled and will have talks every day. We have a sedar dinner and a (oh my I forget how to say it in english) walk with the cross. Last night we practiced the songs and they told me I was very good! What a surprise. I will write more AFTER it all to share pictures!

I had my girls retreat last weekend. We didnt have electricty because someone robbed all of our wires!! So I had to change my plans a little bit, but I couldnt have asked for a better weekend. I taught them to make flowers for their hair, we made face masks out of food. And surprisingly it was the first time they had ever put cucumbers over their eyes. AND Anita, the woman in my house even did this with us. I cant explain how incredible this is. She was as happy as could be sitting in the hammock.

We made collages (and if you know me, it is my favorite thing to do). I had planned to watch a movie, but without electricity we couldnt do that. We talked and we made lunch and dinner. I had six girls come, which is incredible for the first time. I hope to have a weekend every six weeks. My favorite part is that only half the girls are Catholic and at the end of the weekend all of them asked if they could come back AND invite friends. I hope that this is something I can continue for my entire mission.

Also, Ive received even MORE books. They are flooding in. I have many inner experiences to share, but will save it for when I have more time.

Love you all and know that I am carrying you with me in my heart during this Holy Week and Easter Season.
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment